2.11.2011

I love my front loaders……but

by Stephanie
Ok, so for a family of 6 I adore my whirlpool duet washer and dryer.  I have had them for 5 years.  But there are a few things that I though I would pass along if you have some or are thinking of getting them.
First you have to leave the door to the washer OPEN when you are done with your loads.  It has to dry out.  And it helps about once a month as you are doing a load of bleached things to take a spray bottle of bleach and spray down inside that “ring”.  You will see mold spots if you have never done this.  Even when we lived in the dry dessert did I do this but now that I am in the Pacific Northwest…a must!
Second at least once a month when you are doing towels instead of detergent use 1/4 cup baking soda and in the bleach dispenser use 1/3 cup white vinegar.  Your towels will smell better and so will your washer.  No need to buy expensive “cleaners” for your washer.
Third, you are probably using too much detergent.  Unless you have an infant or construction worker, you only need about 2 Tablespoons powder detergent.  Try it.  I have been doing this for 3 years and not every noticed a difference in how clean my clothes are.
Lastly, when you talk pants and jeans out of the washer shake them and get the folds out of the legs.  When in the washer they tend to twist up.  If you don’t they will stay with those twists in the dryer.  But if you shake them out and fold in  half once, and then again, problem solved.  jeans with no wrinkle lines down them. 
Happy Laundry Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment