6.21.2011

Vinaigrette

By Stephanie

I know, I know I am the LAST person in America to make my own vinaigrette dressing.  I have NO idea why it has taken me so long.  But we went to the farmers market on Saturday and got these AMAZING heirloom tomatoes, shallots, fresh lettuce and basil.  It was screaming for some vinaigrette.  So I did it.  I know that it is suppose to be 1 part acid to 3 parts oil, but it needed a bit more kick, so I added another part balsamic.  Just what I wanted.

P6188615

Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

makes about 1/4 cup

1 shallot diced fine

3 basil leaves diced fine

salt and pepper

2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

3 Tbsp good olive oil

Mix together everything but olive oil.  While whisking drizzle in oil.  Serve immediately or refrigerate.  Stir to whisk to combine before serving. 

Here it is on my fresh lettuce with tomatoes, feta cheese and sunflower seeds.  Perfect lunch.

P6188619

No comments:

Post a Comment