8.18.2011

Another Awesome Pasta Salad

by Stephanie

SO…if you are lucky enough you have your kidos already back in school…reward yourself with some carbs…in the form of this pasta salad.

If you are like me….and have almost THREE WEEKS til they go back….console yourself…with this pasta salad.  Either way…carb it up!!

I got this recipe the same day we did that over the top fireworks-yep the 4th of July.  My friend Dawn and I decided instead of dessert we would have more pasta…then they brought out that ridiculous strawberry cake (that I just realized I didn’t post…it’s coming).  So yes, I ate both.  And did more cardio the next day to attempt to burn it off. 

P8168737

 

Gorgonzola and Grape Pasta Salad

serves 10-12

One box Penne pasta

1 lb. grapes washed and taken off stems

1 cup pecans-toasted

4 green onions chopped fine

1 cup gorgonzola (I only had feta which worked just fine)

1 cup mayo (Best Foods is my choice)

Cook pasta according to directions.  When done drain but don’t rinse.  While pasta is warm add in pecans,  onions and grapes.  Toss.   Add in mayo and toss to coat.  I add in mayo a 1/4 cup at a time just until dressed (I don’t like too much mayo, but do as you like).  Let cool 10 minutes and add in cheese.  Toss again.  I LOVE this warm, but you can chill first if you like.  Make sure to keep this in the fridge (if you don’t eat the whole bowl the first day).

No comments:

Post a Comment