4.18.2013

TWO MORE DOSES

   YAY, she got chemo.  Again, weird that we are so excited to dump toxins into my kido.  But we ARE excited!  That means only two more doses to go!!  Yes, she is pretty sick.  It’s been a few weeks so that makes it kind of hard.  But I am hopeful that she bounces back and we get chemo next week too!!  She is going to have to gag down a few Ensure a day to make sure that happens.  But a small price to pay to be D O N E!!!

     On other news….I have been doing some crossfit.  With my friend Mandy.  The tops of my thighs are so sore I can barely stand up/sit down.  I like being sore, but this is REDICULOUS!  What got me motivated?  I ran into Kim.  She lived by us across town.  Cute girl.  Has four kids.  Busy mom.  But when I saw her again….WOWZA!  She looked AMAZING.   She has been doing crossfit.  Yep, it works.  And with summer coming, I needed to tighten things up.  For me having a partner is key.  I work ALOT harder with her there watching.  Plus she is smaller and younger than me.  Motivation fer sure! 

   And when you feel better, you eat better.  Payton and I do a green smoothie every day for breakfast.  Everyday.   I skipped a few days and I was craving it.  I don’t have a fancy blender.  In fact I just broke one and had to buy a new one.  It was $25.  Again, tons of recipes for green smoothies.  But I like mine.

   Green Smoothie

1 orange slice off peel

1 apple cut cheeks off core

1 huge handful of spinach

2 tsp. chia seeds (I want to spout these, but haven’t tried that yet)

1 cup almond milk

1 cup water

Blend until all the bits are gone.  Then add:

1 banana

4 strawberries

Blend again. 

The banana and strawberries I put into small zip bags and freeze.  It makes it cold and yummy.  I add in blueberries or raspberries if I can find them at a good price.  Some add in kale.  I love to eat kale in soups and pasta, I am not crazy about it in my smoothie.  If you want an added boost, you can throw in a scoop of greens.  Green Smoothie Girl has her own version, or you can buy some at about any health food store. 

  Hope you are all having a super week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment