1.23.2013

Endure to the end

By Stephanie

   Sometimes I hate the word “endure".  Sometimes it’s all we can do just to hang on…by a thread. Or a thread of a thread.

   We are done.  We are all done with chemo.  All except her doctor.  He says we are not done.  We had ANOTHER delay.  BOOOOO! 

   That is how the last few weeks have been. Frustrating.

     We found out after the last dose of chemo Avery decided to pour her drinks down the drain and not take her meds.  FOR THREE DAYS!  Actually I was suspicious of her, and her dad got her to confess.  Otherwise it may have been longer before we knew everything.  SERIOUSLY BAD…if you didn’t already know!

   So the next day (and every day after) I have had to sit and watch her take her pills and drink her drink.  Let me tell you about the first drink…waling and gnashing of teeth comes to mind.  She yelled “you are ruining my life.”  I didn’t expect to hear those words until she was at least 13.  So I laughed, which made her more mad.  She actually said, “You are running my life.”  Yes, yes I am.  When you show you are not old enough to have that responsibility, I take it from you. It’s my job.  The pay sucks, but the benefits are good.  It’s my job.  

  After that my mom bribed her with $5 for every drink she drinks in 30 minutes or less.  Surprisingly she has had better luck getting them down.

   I found this great link.  Drops of awesome.  I just can’t stop thinking about it.  She puts the Atonement in such a great visual.  It really has made me think.   And it is helping us “endure”.  Although if the doctor said we are done today, we would all be grateful.

1 comment: