2.28.2013

Mrs. Nevada Pageant


    Avery (dad and I) got to attend this years pageant which was held last Sunday at the SunCoast.  It was super fun for her and she was awarded “girl of the year” from the Project Teddy with a crown and sash.  She loved it.  And we (the family) got one day passes for Disney to have her end of chemo party!!  HORRAY!!!
  I however, was a little concerned at the women putting so much emphasis on outward beauty.  I am SO lucky to be in a church where we focus on the inside.  Even from the time they are small, girls are taught that true beauty comes from within. 
   This is the founder of Project Teddy, Suzie Monahan, Mrs. Nevada 2010.  I have to say out of all the ladies she was the most beautiful there.  Even my hubby commented on that.  It’s because she is truly giving and you can see that. 
   We are so so blessed!!! 
suzie
a crappy pic I took with my phone of Avery and Suzie....

No comments:

Post a Comment