2.15.2012

Stuffed Peppers

By Stephanie

I use to have this growing up.  I had all but forgotten about them, until I saw it on pinterest (I know…it’s a problem)

I used ground turkey, but you can use pork or beef just as well.  My kids weren't thrilled with this, but I was.  I also made baked apples (just core out as many apples as you want and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees).  It was a childhood memory dinner for sure.

 

P2079140

Stuffed Peppers

Serves 6

3 large green peppers.  Cut in half and ribs and seeds removed

1 cup cooked white rice (or actually any kind of rice)

1 lb. ground turkey

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained

1/2 onion, diced

1/4 green pepper, diced

8 oz cheddar cheese, grated

In skillet cook turkey until no pink shows.  Add in salt, pepper, onion, green pepper.  Cook 2-3 minutes until onion is soft.  Add in rice.   Lay the green pepper cut side up in a 9X13 cake pan.  Fill each pepper with the meat and rice filling.  If there is extra, I just add it to the pan around the peppers.  Top with cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until pepper is soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment