2.09.2012

Turkey Burgers

By Stephanie

Have you ever made and eaten a dinner and sat back to satisfied.  I did…a few nights ago.  I am TRYING to make more vegetarian and lean meat meals.  Not that there is anything wrong with a good ol’ beef burger.  I love those too.  Or a steak….ummmm, steak.  Anyway, I had seen an Oprah show years ago where they made a turkey burger.  I can’t remember all that was in it, but I know it had apple.  So I threw a few things in with the meat, and OH MY….delic.  Really.  You can use a bun, but I didn’t want the extra carbs.  And really, it didn’t need it. 

P2099146

Turkey Burgers

makes 8 patties

1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey

2 green onions chopped fine

1 apple (any kind will do) chopped fine or grated (I will grate my next time)

1 cup shredded Monetary jack cheese

1 celery stock, chopped fine

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

Mix everything together.  Don’t over mix though.  Make into patties and cook on grill on medium heat 3-4 minutes each side.  Sprinkle with season salt on each side (optional). Make sure you cook it completely, but don’t over cook.  You can see the cheese and apple help caramelize the meat.  And the cheese will melt so I HIGHLY recommend a non-stick skillet.  Enjoy!!

P2099151 P2099153

No comments:

Post a Comment