This is crazy good. I had a friend post it on facebook. She warned me. She called it crack…I should have listened. But I thought, she is just tired and needs a snack. I mean, she does have SEVEN kids. (I am amazed at anyone who has even a half kid more than me!) So I made it….and I ate, and ate, and ate.
Now if you are diabetic, like Dyney, don’t even try it. You will end up in a coma for sure. I on the other hand just have to do triple the cardio for the next two weeks to counter the carbs.
Oh, her recipe calls for M&Ms. I didn’t have any, and it was plenty sweet and addicting without. But you can add them if you like….
Sweet Chex Mix
makes a lot
· 1 1/2 c butter
· 1 c light karo syrup
· 1 c sugar
· 3 c Rice Chex
· 3 c Corn Chex
· 6 c golden grahams
· 2 c coconut
· slivered almonds or cashews. I prefer cashews.
· Big bag of M&Ms
How to make it:
· In large bowl combine cereals, coconut and nuts
· In saucepan combine butter, sugar and karo syrup (I actually did this in a large microwave proof bowl and once it was melted and combined put it in again for the 2 minutes cooking time)
· Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes
· Pour over cereal mixture
· When the mixture's slightly less warm, toss in the bag of M&M's.
· Spread on wax paper till slightly dry to touch
Also, here's a cool tip about the karo syrup. If you spray your measuring cup first with Pam cooking spray it will come out without being sticky. Now don't say I didn't warn you.