3.30.2012

Taquitos

By Stephanie

So life is a little crazy around my house.  I needed something quick and easy.  I saw something on pinterest, and just went for it!  SO YUMMY!  I could even adapt it for Avery’s restrictions.  You can roll them up and freeze them before you cook (or do that with half for another night).  They went fast at my house.  I paired them with a salad and some bottled salsa and it was a super great dinner! 

You can totally substitute the chicken with turkey, pork or beef.  Just use what ya have.

 

Baked Taquitos

12 medium sized flour tortillas (again, use what you have)

2 cups chicken-cooked and shredded (I had a Costco rotisserie chicken that I just pulled the meat off)

1 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temp.

1 can chopped green chilies

1 cup shredded cheese (I love monetary jack, but cheddar or a blend will work)

Turn oven onto 425 degrees.  Spray non-stick cooking spray into large cookie sheet.  Mix cream cheese, green chilies, chicken and cheese together until mixed.  Take 2 tbsp. of filling and put along one side of the tortilla.  Roll tortilla from filling end.  Roll tightly.  Set seam side down on cookie sheet.  Repeat until all are done.  Spray with cooking spray.  Put in the oven for 20-30 minutes.  Check after 20 minutes.  They are done when golden and edges are crisp. 

 

taquitos

No comments:

Post a Comment