9.17.2012

Feeling a little WICKED

By Stephanie

   My sister, Amy came down last Wednesday so we could take our girls to “Wicked”. 

wicked

Avery had her new chemo Wed. afternoon and her CBC (blood counts). I wouldn’t commit to taking her until the doctor gave the thumbs up (Nathan who was upset I didn’t get him a ticket in the first place, was praying she wouldn’t be able to go.  Thus he could have the ticket).  But at 3:00pm she got the green light from her doc.  So we raced home after her chemo, changed and ate in the car while my sister drove us to the Smith Center.

We loved every minute of it.  Even though I didn’t realize Avery has never seen “The Wizard of Oz” and had to explain some things to her. 

We got home pretty late, so I let Avery sleep in the next day.  But she at least went to school every day last week, even if it was only for the afternoon.  And she is eating, not as much as I would like, but she is eating.

I took this 10 minutes ago.  She was suppose to be laying down……and yes, she still needs a hair cut.  Maybe this week we can get to that.  While she still has hair.

P9179324-001  

While my sister was here we had a BLAST.  She is an interior designer so we went one morning to the World Market Center.  Holy cow.  Everything you never knew you wanted for your home. 

So now back to reality.  Clean the house, laundry (the never ending chore), and some projects.  Amy had some great ideas for my room, the little girls room and even Avery’s room.  Lots to do.  Lots to keep me busy!!

Hope you all have a fabulous week!  I get to end my with Time Out For Women in Las Vegas.  I got to go to the one in Seattle a few years ago.  It was AMAZING.  I am sure this one will be too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment