7.08.2011

Eggplant Parmesan

By Stephanie

I am SO glad my kidos aren’t picky.  Most of the time.  My darling friend Jami make this for our ladies lunch.  It was SO good.  I didn’t know if my kidos would eat it, but just like her Skillet Lasagna Recipe, it was a HUGE hit.  I had to fight them to leave some for dad..

This recipe easily doubles.  And you can freeze the other recipe before adding cheese and sauce in a big freezer bag for a later date. 

P6208634

Eggplant Parmesan

serves 6

Two Large eggplants sliced into 1/2” slices (I didn’t peel mine, but you can if you want to)

1 tsp salt

2 cups breadcrumbs

1 cup shredded parmesan cheese

4 eggs (beaten well)

1 cup flour

Sprinkle salt over cut eggplant.  Turn over and do other side.  Let sit for 15-30 minutes to draw out moisture.  Then take paper towel and blot off.  Add breadcrumbs into parmesan and put into shallow pan or plate.  Put flour and eggs into separate shallow pans or plates.  One at a time dip eggplant into flour, egg and then breadcrumbs.  Put into well greased cookie sheet.  (I actually put mine into a wire rack on a cookie sheet).  Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes and then flip them and cook about another 5 minutes.  (Since I cooked mine on wire rack, no need to flip them). 

Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and your favorite sauce (mine is Hunts Spaghetti Sauce). 

No comments:

Post a Comment