7.06.2011

Elvis Chocolate Pie

By Stephanie
This is a chocolate, peanut butter and banana pie.  I know, I know…SUPER rich!  But totally worth it!   And I know my pic isn’t the best, but we ate it before I could get another one!  My family loved it!!  And at 4000 calories a slice, who wouldn’t love it.  (yes I exaggerate a bit, really just a bit though).   Make this on a day you will be able to get at least two hours of cardio in….
P5088502
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Pie
Serves 10-12
Crust
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used chocolate graham crackers)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
Mix together and press into a 9” pie plate.  Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.  Let cook completely.  Slice one large or two small bananas into coins into the bottom of the cooled crust.  Make 1 small box chocolate pudding mix using pie filling instructions or use 2 cups of my Chocolate soup recipe (make sure it is completely cooled) and pour over bananas.  Then top with another sliced banana (or two).  Then top that with Peanut Butter Cream (see below) layer and then top it all off with a layer of 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream whipped and sweetened with 1/4 cup powdered sugar.  Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight to set.  Cut and serve.

Peanut Butter Cream:
4 oz cream cheese-softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter (whatever kind you like)
2/3 cup heavy cream-whipped
Beat everything but whipping cream until  smooth.  Gently fold in whipping cream.   

No comments:

Post a Comment