2.10.2011

Chocolate Soup

by Stephanie

So really this is a chocolate pudding, but my girls call it Chocolate Soup.    I mean really, what sounds better on a cold night.  Some soup.  Some chocolate soup….

This is made with Morning Moos Chocolate Powdered Milk.  If you don’t have it I am sure you do some substitute, but  I never have…

Chocolate Soup Recipe

In large saucepan combine:

1/2 cup Morning Moos Chocolate powder

1/2 cup flour

3 cups hot water

Whisk till combined and turn heat on medium-low.  Stirring constantly until thick and bubbly (about 7 minutes).  Take off heat.  In medium bowl whisk one egg. Gradually add about 1/4 cup chocolate mixture to bring egg up to temperature.  (I end up adding about 1 cup) then pour back into pan and continue mixing.  Add in 1 Tablespoon butter, 1/4 tsp salt and 2 oz bittersweet chocolate.  I prefer Ghirardelli.  Let cool, but serve still warm topped with sweetened whipped cream (and yes I do use the real stuff!!) This makes enough for my whole family (of 6) to have a bowl. 

P2038116

Look at the melting cream…….(sigh)…….

P2038118

No comments:

Post a Comment