2.28.2011

Oatmeal Rolls

By Stephanie

I made these for a friend of mine.  Okay, I made them for dinner and instead of eating the last three myself, I shared.  So I wouldn’t eat them all…myself.  She like them.  Actually what she said was “ridiculously good”.  I wish I could take credit for such ridiculously good rolls, but alas, the recipe was from my friend Dawn.  Thanks Dawn.  So I will share too….

P2178216

Oatmeal Rolls

Makes about 20-24 rolls

2 cups water

1 cup oats (I have used about every kind…they all work)

3 Tablespoons butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

Boil water in saucepan.  Add in oats, butter and sugar.  Cook 5 minutes.  Set aside and let cook till just warm. 

In mixing bowl add in 1 Tbsp yeast, 1/3 cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar.  Let sit 7 minutes.  Add in oatmeal mixture and let sit another 3 minutes.  Then turn mixture on low and add 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 Tbsp salt and 1 –2 cups AP flour until dough pulls away from sides.  Form into rolls and put into greased cookie sheet.  Let rise 45 minutes to 1 hour.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until they just start to get golden on top. 

TIP: my mom adds in 2 eggs.  It makes them a bit softer, but I like without. 

No comments:

Post a Comment