3.10.2011

Skillet Lasagna

By Stephanie

My friend made this for a ladies lunch one day.   I REALLY simplified it to see how it would turn out.  My 12 year old kido said “this is the best thing you have EVER made”.  Really?  Really??  I mean all those time I spend hours preparing a great meal and you like the one that takes under 30 minutes and almost no work…..Okay.  I have been trying to  hard in the kitchen.  I like lots of meat in mine, but you can leave it our or add more veges here (if you want to do work your kids won’t appreciate).  I also add the cheese at the end so it is all on top and melty.  But you can add it into the sauce at the end if you would rather.  Make it your own.  You really can’t mess this one up!

P2228270

Skillet Lasagna

Serves 6

1/2  lb. ground beef

1/2  lb. sausage (I like Italian)

1 26 oz can Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce (I love the four cheese)

4 cups water

8 lasagna noodles- broken up into 2” pieces

8 oz mozzarella cheese

4 oz. parmesan cheese

In large Dutch oven over high heat brown ground beef and sausage until brown.  Drain off fat.  Add in spaghetti sauce and water.  Bring to a boil.  Add in noodles and turn down to simmer.  Simmer about 20 minutes until noodles are al dente.  Turn off heat and put into bowls or plates.  Sprinkle with both cheeses.  Serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment