3.01.2011

S’mores Cupcake

By Stephanie

I am SO brilliant.  Really.  I am.  I know my sisters are saying “yes, it’s in the genes”, but I even impressed myself this time! 

First my pics came out better.  I know, I know, natural light.  Not so easy when you live in the Pacific Northwest…

Second, I had a truly genius idea.  And it turned out! 

So I was making S’mores cupcakes, the non-vegan ones from the vegan cookbook and I wasn’t thrilled with their choice of toppings.  Just a vanilla buttercream with chocolate shavings and graham cracker crumbs.  Not enough for me.  So I thought about my marshmallow fluff buttercream.  Yeah, maybe.  But what about if I put some chocolate in the middle and then toasted some mini marshmallows….YES!  Just like a real s’more.   I hoped.  Because usually what happens in my head and on the plate are TOTALLY different.  Not this time.  IT WAS GENIUS!! Or luck….

See…..

P2288291

AND they taste yummy too!!

S'mores Cupcake Recipe

Makes 12

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup canola oil

2 Tbsp molasses (spray the spoon with vegetable spray first-comes right off)

1/4 cup yogurt-plain or vanilla

1 tsp vanilla

Mix all together and set aside. In separate bowl combine:

1 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

Whisk together and add in wet ingredients just until all lumps are out.  Add in 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (I left mine pretty chunky).  Pour into 12 cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. 

When cool take paring knife and cut a small well in the middle.  Add in the chocolate ganache or a piece of chocolate bar.  (For ganache take 2 T heavy cream and heat over low heat or in the microwave on 30%.  When hot add in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 2 tsp butter stir to melt chocolate, cool until warm but not totally firm.)  Top with 6-8 mini marshmallows.  With your boiler on high put cupcakes in oven and WATCH.  This only takes 15-20 seconds…really!  When marshmallows are puffy and golden take out and let cool.  Garnish with piece of graham cracker.

Here it is before the marshmallows….

P2288290  

Here is the whole pan…..

P2288299

No comments:

Post a Comment