3.03.2011

Never Fail Pizza Dough

By Stephanie

Every Friday we have pizza.  We have homemade pizza.  I tried to do something different and my DH said “why aren’t we having pizza?”.  So the next Friday…we had pizza. 

I know this seems like I am the kind of women who makes the same things…over, and over, and over.  Well..sometimes…yes.  But usually not.  In fact my kids have learned to say “have we had this before?”.  I usually say “yes, and you loved it”, even if they haven’t and probably won’t. 

I digress..

So pizza, I try to do one with half cheese and half cheese and pepperoni.  For the kidos. 

Seen here…

P2118161

And for me, throw in some veges, or ranch as the sauce…or one time I used left over pulled pork, ranch and bbq sauce mixed as the sauce and mozzerella.  It was awesome!

P1148055

Btw, I have had this recipe for YEARS, I have NO idea where it came from…

Never Fail Pizza Dough

1 1/2 Tablespoons yeast

1 1/2 cups warm water (not hot)

1 tsp sugar

3 Tablespoons oil (any kind but I like olive oil)

Mix together and let sit 10 minutes.  Turn on oven to 400 degrees.  Add into yeast mixture, 1 tsp. salt and 1 cup whole wheat flour.  Then gradually add in 3-4 cups AP flour.  Until dough pulls away from sides.

P2078122 

Divide dough into two equal portions.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Roll into greased pan (I use a jelly roll pan) and with fingers stipple the top.

Like so….see those dimple marks?  It helps the dough not get so many bubbles in it.

P2118158

Put in the oven for 10 minutes (with no toppings or sauce yet). 
Then roll out rest of dough into second greased pan (don’t forget to stipple).

When first crust is done, pull out and put on sauce and toppings while other pizza is baking.  Then bake again for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted. 

Makes 2 jellyroll pans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment