3.25.2011

Soup or Sauce Mix (SOS Mix)

by Stephanie

My mom gave me this about 6 months ago.  I LOVE it!!  Instead of buying cream of chicken…or cream of anything soup, I use this mix.  It is equal to NINE cans (10.5 oz) of cream soup.  You just keep it in a zip storage bag and use what you need.  It is also gluten free!!  Super easy and cheap!  This originally came from Utah State.  On this link you can find the original recipe plus they have some recipes to use it in.  I use it in my Rebecca's Chicken recipe.

 

P3228344

SOS Mix

Makes 9  portions

2 cups powdered non-fat dry milk

3/4 cups cornstarch

1/4 cup instant chicken bouillon

2 Tbsp dried onion flakes

2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional, but I do put this in)

Combine all ingredients.  When ready to use combine 1/3 of dry mix with 1 1/4 cups cold water.  Whisk to mix.  Heat in small sauce pan over low heat 3-4 minutes until thickened or heat in microwave in heat proof bowl stopping every minute to stir for 4-5 minutes until thickened.

NOTE:  I usually only add 1 cup of water, I like my soup more condensed.  This makes a non condensed version.

No comments:

Post a Comment