3.11.2011

Ruffled Lamp Redo

By Stephanie

So I saw this AMAZING lamp tutorial. And could not stop thinking about it.  I had a lamp base that would work, it just needed to be a different color.  I used the same one she did by chance.  Seems to be a popular one.  Anyhoo…and I had some burlap.  About a yard.  But I had to buy another 1/2 yard to complete it the way I wanted it to look.  I am LOVING it!

Before….

P3098322

Better….

P3108324 

Best…

P3118335 

THEN….I was looking for lamps for my bedroom.  I kept seeing all these great lamps that you all are finding at your thrift store for like $2!  My thrift store is expensive!  The only one I found that I liked was $8 and didn’t work!  Ugh!  Sssoooo….my friend Kathy lives south of us in a small town with a FABULOUS thrift store.  I found a set of lamps (both work!) and a coffee table to refab all for under $17!!  So with paint ($3.00) and lampshades ($15 each, drum lampshades are NOT at thrift stores…way too popular) and ribbon ($4) I am at $21 each.  Not too bad.

Before…

P3098323 

After…(and yes I realize I could use something over my bed..like a headboard)

P3118328

Up-close….(and I think the two end tables will end up being white…eventually)

 

P3118330

P3118331

2 comments:

  1. Your lamp turned out SO cute!!! I love everything about it!!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! I like the other lamp too. I love red and blue together.

    ReplyDelete