9.06.2011

Hot Shots

By Stephanie

FINALLY, another recipe!!  I have been wanting to post this recipe since before our extended stay at the hospital. 

My friend Jami made these for the 4th of July.  And I was craving them.  So I bought all the stuff to make them, and then we ended up in the ER.  My darling friend Jami made them so Friday night when we got home from the hospital, I could have some…yum.  But I didn’t think to take a pic.  So I was craving them again…and this time I did take pics. 

If you are like me and only have a gas grill, this drips LOTS of grease and can start a grease fire.  So either do them in the oven or put something underneath to catch the grease.  My brother-in-law found this out the hard way.  Sorry Ty!  Now we know. 

P9058797

Hot Shots

makes 24

12 jalapenos

1 package little smokies

3 oz cream cheese, room temperature

12 slices thick cut bacon (or really any kind you have)

Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise.  Take out seeds and ribs.   Put about 1-1 1/2 tsp cream cheese into it and then add a little smokie.  Cut bacon pieces in half and wrap one half piece around jalapeƱo.  Put onto wire rack on top of sheet cake pan or put on grill.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until bacon is crisp and pepper is soft.  I actually broiled on low for 5 minutes at the end to crisp up the bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment