4.07.2011

Banana Peanut Butter Muffins

By Stephanie
Or cupcakes….if you want your kids to feel like they are having something they shouldn’t snack or for breakfast.
My kids eat a lot of fruit.  I mean a LOT of fruit.  But once in a while they just stop….and then I am left with a ton of apples or grapes, or in this case…bananas.  So, what to do with bananas? 
Here is my first suggestion.  Cupcakes, or muffins.  However you want to spin it.  I don’t like to wait until the bananas are too brown to use.  Just when they start to get freckles.  That is when they are perfect.  
P4057170
Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
Makes 24
In large mixing bowl combine:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
(if you want a more “cake like” texture, you can put this in the blender).
In another large mixing bowl combine:
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup peanut butter (any kind)
3-4 ripe mashed bananas (about a cup)
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup milk or for cupcakes buttermilk (they will rise a bit more)
Combine wet with dry and pour into cupcake liners or muffin tin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.  When cool frost with: 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 Tbsp honey, 2 cups powdered sugar and 1-2 Tbsp milk.  OR…my new fav, with Nutella!  And no I am NOT being paid to say that.  But it is super yummy. 
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. These were a hit with my husband and coworkers! I love that they can be muffins or cupcakes! Here's my full blog post: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2015/02/peanut-butter-oatmeal-banana-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete