4.12.2011

Chicken Salad

by Stephanie

When my last kido was born, we weren’t suppose to take her out for a few months.  So, trying not to loose my mind in a house full of kids we started the “Finer Things Club”.  If you watch “The Office”, you might remember that episode.  Any way, it was a lunch with girl food….and adult conversation….and it kept me sane.  Mostly.  So every time we moved I have continued the tradition.  We get together and rotate houses.  When it’s your “turn” you host us, make the lunch for us and something simple for the kids.  I always make corndogs, cause my kids never get corndogs.  They think it is special.  Whatever makes you happy.  And I get to make things normally I don’t.  Because I am on the only one who will eat it.  Chicken salad is one of those things.  So it was my turn and I made chicken salad. 

P4068384

Chicken Salad

Makes enough for 6-8

2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed.  (I put it in the oven at 350 degrees-frozen- with salt,  and lemon pepper for 45 minutes or until it reaches 165 degrees inside)

4 oz cream cheese

1 cup sour cream

2-3 green onions chopped

1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans

salt and pepper

I like to mix the cream cheese, sour cream and onions together.  Add in the warm chicken and stir.  Salt and pepper to taste. Add in the nuts right before serving.  I love this on the thin buns or in a pita with sprouts and sliced tomato. 

No comments:

Post a Comment