4.19.2011

My own kind of bookcase….

By: Jennifer

20110222191837[1]
So this is my living room before. As you can see it really needs some help in this corner I have since ripped off all that wall paper but it really needed something to draw your eye. So my sister Amy suggested a tall bookcase which would not only draw your eye up, but also add some much needed storage space. I loved the idea the problem was my lack of funds… I went to Wal-Mart and they had bookcases for $20 bucks but they were so flimsy and plain it didn’t really fit the look I was going for so I went to my garage to see what I had that would work and I found these….
20110419221618[1]20110419221656[1]
These shelves were just what I needed to add the height and the extra storage I needed but they also went with my e=style which is definitely eclectic! I loved that all of them were different but I brought it all together by making them all the same color! So Simple and really cheap and I have a bookcase…. sort of.

I linked up to these linky parties....












3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! It turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so very nice. Congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!


    Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters, today!
    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/04/calling-all-crafters-4th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete