4.25.2011

Buttermilk Syrup…to die for…

By Stephanie

So if you did'n’t get enough sugar this weekend…try this…

My sisters made this syrup for years before I tried it.  I mean I don’t really know why I never really listened to them…sorry girls.  But I am now HOOKED.  I really could just lick it off the spoon when I make it.  Actually I do.  Another reason I do cardio.  And since there is that great butter in it, I don’t put butter on my pancakes or waffles when I use this one.  Really it is buttery, sugary, foamy,  deliciousness..

P4098412

Buttermilk Syrup

Makes about 2 cups

1/2 cup butter

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup buttermilk (or the substitute of 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 tsp vinegar microwaved for 30 seconds also works…I have tried)

Put in a LARGE sauce pan.  Why large?  It is like that volcano you did in elementary school…it expands…a lot.

Melt butter and stir.  I know it looks lumpy and gross…

P4098402

Just wait…

Then take off heat and add 1/2 tsp baking soda and whisk…

P4098405

Add in 1/2 tsp vanilla.  TRY, TRY, TRY, not to lick it off the spoon before you get everyone all served up.  Keep it in the fridge in a covered container.  Although we usually have hardly any left to store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment