6.09.2011

Mexican Chocolate Cake

By Stephanie

My darling friend Sherrie make this for me when I had my first baby girl.  She had made it for me before and I LOVED it.  So for my baby shower she made one for the guests at the party and one for the baby.  A whole cake for just for the baby.  Via me. 

To this day it is a “go to” recipe.  And I think each my kidos have asked for it for their birthday’s at least once. 

P5068496

Mexican Chocolate Cake

Serves 10-12

One chocolate cake mix (really any kind, I have used about every one and they all turn out great)

3 eggs

16 oz sour cream

1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon

1 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)

Combine eggs and sour cream until eggs are fully mixed.  Add in all other ingredients.  Mix together until cake mix is fully incorporated.  Pour into well greased Bundt pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes.  Cool for 5-10 minutes.  While warm but not hot, flip cake out onto plate.  Sprinkle with 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp. sugar mixed together.    When cake cools pour over glaze.

Chocolate Glaze

1/4 cup heavy cream, canned milk, half and half or cool whip (I have used all these and they all work)

1 cup chocolate chips

1 tsp. butter

Put all into microwave proof bowl.   Heat on high for 1 minute.  Stir.  Heat again for another 30 seconds if needed.  Stir until chocolate chips melt.  Immediately pour over cake.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment