6.07.2011

Crustless Quiche

by Stephanie

It was my turn to host the “Finer Things Club”, also known as the Ladies Lunch.  I REALLY wanted to do a brunch….so I did.  We had fruit, Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins, Crème Brule French Toast (I will post recipe later) and last but not least…Crustless Quiche.  While considering my menu options before I had decided on the quiche, I knew I needed a protein.  But one of my ladies is expecting, so I didn’t know how well sausage or bacon would go over (she is just getting over morning sickness).   I thought about regular quiche, but I already had PLENTY of carbs.  But a crustless quiche…yes, that could be a good option.  After looking through a few recipes I decided to make my own up.  I LOVE the combination of ham, broccolli, Swiss cheese and the secret ingredient….nutmeg.   Jami said it was seasoned  “perfectly”.  Which is a HUGE compliment, because #1 you can’t taste it until it’s done #2 she is a foodie and knows her stuff.   This is also great for a party or get together because you can put it together ahead of time and just throw it (not literally) in the oven before your guests arrive.  You visit, it cooks…perfect.  And feel free to try other ingredients.   Bacon, mushrooms and spinich would be good.  Whatever you like…

P6028556-1  

Crustless Quiche

serves 8-10

5 eggs well beaten

1 1/4 cup milk

1 cup broccolli cut up (I steamed mine in the microwave for 2 minutes first)

1 cup ham, diced fine

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp black pepper

Butter bottom and sides of pie plate.  In large mixing bowl combine everything and stir well.  Pour into pie plate and cook at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Middle will be slightly jiggley, but will set as it cools.  Serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment