6.17.2011

Sweetened Condensed Milk

By Stephanie

Sometimes you go to make something, and you don’t have all the ingredients.  That was the case for me.  I was trying to make my  salted caramel sauce. when I realized I didn’t  have any sweetened condensed milk.    So I looked on line, and voila…a recipe for homemade.  I had everything I needed. 

P6148568

Sweetened Condensed Milk

Makes equivalent to one 14oz can

1 1/3 cups powdered milk

3/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup water

1/4 cup butter

In microwave safe bowl put water in microwave until boiling (2 min for mine).  Add in butter and stir until melted.  Put milk and sugar in blender.  Add in water/butter mixture and blend until smooth.  You could also do this on the stove and cook it for about one minute, but really the blender is super easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment