6.02.2011

Pesto

By Stephanie

Have you ever read what they put into store bought pesto?  Since we have a kido with a tree nut allergy, I have started reading labels.  Interesting.  Pesto, at least all the ones I saw, had nuts.  Usually walnuts.  And it was a top ingredient.  SO…..I made pesto.  Really, easy.  And did you know it freezes.  Really well!  So I made pesto. 

P3128338

Pesto

Makes about 2 cups

1 cup pine nuts

1 cup fresh basil

2 cloves garlic

1/2 cup graded parmesan

1 cup fresh baby spinach

1/4-1/2 cup olive oil

Roast the pine nuts in a dry non stick skillet or in the oven.  Put everything but oil into food processor.  Turn on low and after about 30 seconds slowly pour in oil until moist and sauce like.  Use on pasta or in my pesto feta chicken...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment